Back in February, I started on a blog post. The idea was a simple sraightforward one but the task behind it was quite mammoth. I didn't realise it until I started writing the first 2 paragraphs.
I chickened out and left that entry in draft mode till sometime last week when I picked it up again and wrote a whole lot more.
And then I realised, this can't be just a mere blog entry. The content alone would take up several A4 pages and if I were to add in photos, there would be much more pages taken up. The more I wrote, the more I realised that there were side stories and details which had to be thought through and maybe reasearched on.
And so, I have decided, I am embarking on a personal project.
To write Granny's story.
A biography of sorts.
From the time she was born till now, 97 years later.
Alot of it would be based on my own memory from what she shared with me when I was younger.
My current approach would be to draft up a skeletal framework of how each section of the story would be like and then fill it up with details later on, based on what I can yield from the recesses of my memory.
I have not shared this with Adrian or the parents yet but I am hoping that when I at least have a draft, I could then interview my Dad. I think he would be a treasure trove full of information to share with me about Granny. And then I can beef up the story with even more details and verify if the stuff I wrote was accurate.
I don't know if I am being ambitious.
This will definitely take a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment