Monday, April 22, 2013

Of Neuro Conversations and Coconuts

I went for my brain check-up about 2 weeks ago.

How time flies. The last time I saw my neurosurgeon (let’s call him JT) was back in 2009.
He said to me then “Things are looking good. Your scan looks great, everything’s settled and nothing is showing up. I’ll see you in 4 years’ time just to be safe and sure.”

And so I was back to see him on 10 April. While 4 years added wrinkles and freckles to my skin and more meat to my frame, JT still seemed pretty much the same, except for maybe a little more pudginess. He still looked pretty fresh. Wonder how he keeps it up.

JT: Hi Michelle. *flips my medical records*
Me: Hello.
JT: Wow, it’s been 4 years.
Me: Yeah...*laughs*
JT: So how’s your coconut?
Me: ???? Ah???
JT: Your head lah.
Me: Oh chey……

Lol…that was how we started the consultation. And then somewhere along the way….

JT: If you don’t mind, let me just feel your skull and see if there’s any depression where we opened you up last time.
Me: Orh ok.
JT: *prods around on my head for awhile and then stares at my head and face for a good 5 seconds*
JT: Ok lah, you seem pretty symmetrical to me. No visible depression or sinking in of the skull or anything. You should be doing alright inside your coconut.
Me: Orh ok. Good to hear!

Lol anyway, I’m scheduled for a detailed MRI either at the end of this year or early next year. The only thing he cautioned me was that he couldn't guarantee that there won't be a depression on my skull when I start hitting my 50s. We'll see how it goes till then.

My coconut will still stay safe for a good 20 years or more.

No comments: