I don't think Granny even knew Dad and myself was there at her bedside yesterday.
She'd kept her eyes closed all the way, even when I was feeding her porridge.
Aside from that, she looked a little more gaunt compared to when I last saw her a few weeks ago.
Needless to say, she didn't utter a word.
Because she only opened her mouth a tiny bit for each spoonful I fed her, it took me more than an hour just to feed her her lunch. I was feeling tired and a little nauseous from the awkward position I had to be in to feed her. (I was sitting sideways on a chair and had to lean forwards each time).
After lunch, when we lowered her bed down, all she did was to continue keeping her eyes closed and then doze off to sleep.
I hope she'll be more alert the next time I see her.
Side note: The lady on Granny's left has passed on.....She had been there way before Granny started staying in the nursing home back in 2007. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment