Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Family

Busy is when you are trying to clear work.

Knowing you have only half a day in the office to be really productive.

And at the back of your mind you are thinking whether your sick kid is doing ok.

And then your Dad texts to ask if you are busy and whether you can call him back.

....

This usually means he needs my help for something. I called him back immediately even though I was trying to settle my work quickly.

Why?

Just because.

And also because I value family over work. I have my family's back, they have mine. I'd want to be there for them, any of them, if they ever need me. No matter how small or mundane a task or errand.

And yes, also because the parents are getting on in age. If me and my brother are not there for them, who else can they turn to? I'm just glad they are actually really independent already...

No comments: