Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Last Friday 28 April 2017

Attended Mrs Lim's funeral last Friday afternoon at Mandai Crematorium.

My ex-boss is a diminutive guy, only slightly taller than me, and very slim, with a penchant for baggy shirts that make him seem even smaller in size. Seeing him so distraught made us pretty upset too....

He broke down, cried and wailed when her coffin was sent to the cremation chambers. I've never seen him like this. He was heartbroken. Shattered. He shouted. He sobbed. He said in between heaving cries: "Wait for me. Why did you go so early? Wait for me."

I teared. The 5 of us from the team who were there, including my current boss, teared. I believe the guys did too as I heard some sniffles and throat-clearing.

He was distraught. I hope, I truly hope that he feels slightly better today...
It will take time for him to grieve. But I hope he also takes comfort knowing that she is no longer suffering and is in the arms of the Lord now. No more chemo, no more operations, no more tubes and needles for her.

I'm bad with words and I don't know how to comfort him though I want to.
I did not speak with him that day. I didn't want to interrupt his time alone with his sons.

I hope he heals soon...

No comments: