These 2 weeks has been about departures and impending farewells.
Part of life I guess...people come, people go...and each leaves an imprint in your life in his or her own way.
And so Maryann our previous helper left on 31 May evening...we've been coping pretty ok so far.
Except for Alyssa being much more clingy to me. Especially in the initial 3-4 days after Maryann left. She's slowly adjusting to the new helper, Hope, and Hope has managed to put her to bed for the last 2 nights. That's really good I think. Anyway, I'm still giving Alyssa as many hugs, cuddles and kisses as I can. ;)
Boss just shared that a long-time staff of our team, Jane, has tendered her resignation....She's been with the team since 1999 I think. While she had pre-empted me of her plans 2 months ago, I didn't know when exactly she would be throwing in her towel. Well, apparently it's now....sigh...end June will be her last day....
My ex-boss, who officially retired in October 2015 but is still around as an advisor to the team....will likely not have his contract renewed and he will leave us in April next year. There will be 2 long-serving staff leaving soon...quite sad on one hand...but happy for them too if this is what they want....
No comments:
Post a Comment