Thursday, June 29, 2017

Biggest wish at the moment

Right eye is turning red again.
I can see blood vessels snaking out from my inner eye to my pupil. And some redness emanating from the pupil area back to the inner eye area.

I've been woken up anywhere between 2 to 5 times a night for the past week or so....or has it been longer? I can't remember.

Both girls wake multiple times a night. At times, Nadya wakes because she was disturbed by Alyssa's wails.

I'd cringe inwardly with envy whenever a new parent tells me that his or her baby has been sleeping through the night from the age of 3 months, 4 months or 5 months. At times, when they announce this to me, I cuss in my mind too...alot.

My older kid is turning 4 in 3.5 months. She still wakes at least 2-3 times a night. Once or twice to pee. And sometimes once or twice to drink milk. I can't refuse her milk because either she can't get back to sleep thereafter or she would kick up a fuss and slowly dissolve into a pool of toddler manic.

As for the younger one, she's recently either been having bad dreams or she's not eating enough dinner or I don't know..........but she wakes up screaming in the night at random times. One night it could be at 12am and 3am. Another night it would be at 1am and 5am. While she's not hysterical, she does scream and cry loudly and half the time, it seems like only Mama can get her to shush up.

I don't know what to do really.
I've tried feeding them more. I've tried turning on the air-con. I've tried it with only the fan on. I've tried laying out less toys and bolsters on Alyssa's bed. We've even changed mattresses.

It's been almost 4 years. In that amount of time, I've not had a single stretch of 6 or 7-hour sleep on a single night.

God, please bless and protect the girls so that can finally sleep well on their own and not wake so many times each night............

No comments: