10 more days on 17 September, I'll be hitting my 10th year anniversary in this place.
I think my brain synapses have stopped forming or slowed down alot, given the long years spent doing almost similar tasks.
A part of me is content for things to be status quo. Afterall, family and the kids are of a greater priority to me now. And I'm also mighty afraid to try something new.
A smaller part of me is also wanting to transfer out and be in a new department to do something new. It has been at the back of my mind for the last few years.
In fact, I was due for a transfer when I found out I was pregnant with Nadya. I held back and did not go ahead with anything as I wanted to focus on the pregnancy first. And then after that, adjusting to life as a new working mum. The transfer thing just took a back seat. And then Alyssa came along and things just became as such...
Part of my fear of transfer is that I won't enjoy as much flexibility as I am having now. The flexibility to be able to leave on time to go home and spend maybe 30mins or an hour with the girls before they go to bed. The flexibility to work from home if needed. The flexibility to arrive late at work and not get chewed on by the boss when I get held up by the girls in the morning.
And then there's this other option constantly at the back of my mind.
Part-time work? Maybe work 3 days a week? Axe the helper and do all the chores ourselves? Will finances be affected drastically? What else can or should I do? Should I explore this now or when Nadya gets older and goes to primary school? So I can spend time with her on her primary school foundation studies as well?
Will I get myself into more of a fix with part-time work? Will I end up multi-tasking too much and not achieving anything in both work and home?
What gives?
What should I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment