Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Staycay

We had a staycation last Thursday & Friday. It was a 2D1N thingy at Rendezvous Hotel.

I'm not sure who enjoyed it most though lol...K and I were deadbeat tired.

We had room service for lunch on the first day. Nadya enjoyed it pretty much and fed herself quite okay but Alyssa was a handful. She was playing with her food and cutlery and climbing all over the sofa more than eating. Eventually, Alyssa vomitted her lunch out on the first day and we brought her to the PD clinic near our place in the evening. She had also vomitted the previous day and we were getting worried. Doc eventually diagnosed her as having stomach flu, on top of the cold that sh was already nursing and fighting.

So much so for a staycation hahaha....We dabao-ed dinner back to the hotel room to eat in the end.

When it was bed time, the girls' rejected the hotel's cots and they ended up on the queen-sized bed. K got relegated to the floor and he slept on the cot mattresses. I was on the bed with the girls and didn't sleep much at all because Alyssa woke every hour for the first few hours. Then Nadya threw a hugeass tantrum at 3am in the morning. The girls had also slept later than usual because they were not used to the room.

I'd always known that Alyssa slept in a "chor lor" manner. I didn't know she was THAT chor lor. Nadya pretty much slept within a particular area. At the most, her arms were spread wide. Alyssa on the other hand...rolled from left to right and then back to the left. She got up to a yoga child pose position, twisted herself, lay flat on her back and then lay flat on her tummy. And on and on. And of course, amidst all these "action sequences", she was sometimes on me, on my arm, on my thigh, etc. Plus I was punched by her a few times. Chor lor. Really chor lor. Lol.

Breakfast was pretty ok. Alyssa, after taking medication, managed to keep her food in. There being not much around the hotel in the morning, we just took a leisurely stroll to SOTA and Cathay and then back. Along the way, we ran a little, we took pictures, we played some games, we looked at trees and flowers and we took more pictures :)

Will we do another staycation anytime soon? I don't know haha...maybe not. ;p

No comments: