Monday, September 11, 2017

Terrible Twos are here again....

Alyssa got angry when K and I chided her for playing with the shoes in our shoe rack. She was rubbing the soles of the shoes on her face and body. She was throwing the shoes around as well.
She threw a shoe down in defiance and stomped on it.

When I chided her again for doing that, K chimed in as well. She got more upset and threw a smack on his face. I think she narrowly missed him but she immediately turned to me and took a swing at my face as well. I was at that point in time kneeling on the floor to be at her level. My glasses were hit. Luckily they were not damaged or she would have gotten it from me BIG time.

Both K and Nadya know that I am very sensitive about my glasses. I do not allow the girls to touch them at all. Alyssa will need to learn this. I'm sensitive because I used to only have a single pair of glasses. If that gets broken, I'd be blind as a bat. Given my high myopia, I'd only be able to see things clearly if they were like 10cm from my face. Anything further than that and it would just be blobs of colour in my vision.

Anyway, I digressed.

After Alyssa hit both K and I, I was furious and brought her to my room, away from the "crime scene", away from Nadya and away from our neighbour who happened to be standing near our doorway taking to us. That 5-10 second walk back to my room helped calm me down a little. I spoke to her again and explained what she did was wrong.

She refused to listen to me and walked away whenever I got within 1m from her. Her tiny lips were fully pursed and she stomped her feet while getting away from me. I guess she made sure to show me that she was not happy about the whole situation as well lol.

In any case, I managed to speak and explain to her after she had calmed down abit more. She then came over to hug me.

On hindsight, I realised I forgot to get her to apologise for hitting K and I.
Opps.

No comments: