Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Changes

I hate to say this but I just realised that the Saturday evening just past was a milestone of sorts. For all of us. But especially for Adrian and Marc.

It was the start of many Saturday evenings going forward that Mei won't be with us at my parents' place.

Strangely, on that evening, I didn't realise she was not around, till I saw Marc sitting alone in the living room. And the girls didn't even ask about her or where she was.

In my eagerness as an auntie to "accompany" him, I may have unknowingly put some pressure or awkwardness on him though, as I tried to engage him in some conversation. Maybe he's not fully comfortable with me...maybe I should just take a step back...Back off a little and let things flow more naturally.

Afterall, this is a new situation everyone is still getting used to.

Let's try again this coming Saturday...

No comments: