Monday, July 02, 2018

No more

And so it is final.

Adrian and Mae will split.

Things came to a sudden head. Discussions were swift and many took place in the last 1.5 months between themselves and between them and my parents. It didn't even take 2 months before everything was finalised.

It's all abit too sudden actually.

He came by the cafe near my place last night and we spoke for 1.5hrs. He gave me the lowdown on things, though it was unknown to him that I'd already known some of the details because Mum had updated me before he did.

I let him speak. I told him I was all ears. He said he may need to offload and download stuff to me in the future when and if the going gets tough and he needed an outlet to rant. I told him again that I'd be all ears for him.

I shared some of my concerns with him. He acknowledged them. I re-iterated Mum's concerns, which he already knew of, and he said he would assuage her worries.

He has lots of things to think through, plan and undertake in the next 6 months or more. The legalities, the Pasir Ris flat transactions, the Simei flat transactions and renovations, the Tampines flat, the moving in and moving out, the conflicts of interests at work,  the decision on when to move on from work, insurance, bank stuff, and a whole load of other administrative and paperwork that needs to be settled...

His workload is heavy enough and coupled with all these personal things to settle, his plate is overflowing. I hope he takes care of himself. It will be challenging for him mentally, physically and emotionally.

Jiayou brother...

No comments: