Usually Nadya would come sobbing out of the room and telling/complaining to me about what Alyssa had done. And, usually it'll be that Alyssa took a swipe at her head or pinched her arm or scratched her somewhere. Sometimes the scratches really do draw blood.
Sometimes though, after probing, being the honest girl that she is, Nadya would admit that she was the one who started the fracas. Alyssa, whether guilty or not, whether she's the one who started it or not, would always be quietly sitting or standing in the room, sulking and glaring at Nadya, while Nadya tells me the story of what happened.
I'd make the girls sit down and apologise to each other for taking swipes at one other. And then I'd have to talk to the one who started the whole thing. And then if there was someone who didn't want to apologise, I'd have to spend more time and effort to wait it out or explain more, depending on the situation. (Last night, Alyssa refused to apologise and fussed/cried/sulked for more than 15mins before finally saying sorry to Nadya quite loudly.)
And then finally I'd go on a spiel about how they are sisters, how they should take care of and love each other, etc. They then hug each other, giggle and make up.
Only to have to repeat the whole thing again the following night. And sometimes Alyssa hits Nadya less than 10mins after they hug and make up.
SIGH.
Let's see what happens tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment