Learning how to break some things down into smaller bits. Easier to handle.
Learning how not to expect myself to finish everything in a single session.
Learning how not to impose impossible expectations on myself.
So I'm recently clearing up the mess on my bedside table. It's a long table filled with books, the girls' hair accessories, my letters and documents, etc.
I should probably be abit more dilligent when it comes to filing away my official letters and documents.
One of my notice of assessment that I found was from 2017...SP power bills from 2017 were also in the pile...zzz.
Anyway, clearing and going through the pile of docs bit by bit each night.
Then I will move on to clearing and packing my bedside drawers and then the big drawers below my bed and then hopefully to the girls' cupboards and their clothes and toys.
When things have not been done for a couple of years...and the day to day dilligence to keep things as neat as possible was not really there...and when the girls have access to these drawers and constantly put stuff or take stuff from the drawers....the clutter and mess gets real...
Am I doing a Marie Kondo? Not quite actually. It's been on the cards for a long time...way before the Marie Kondo craze came about...
Will I throw things away because they do not spark joy? I don't know...maybe...I just go by gut feel and mood most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment