Friday, May 03, 2019

Weight...Diet...Changes...

Laoniang is weighing in at 47.1kg since last week...newest low. Sometimes the scale showed 46.9kg as well.

A little alarming considering it's been an average of 1kg loss per month since December.

Things that contributed:

  • Stomach issues - Functional dyspepsia and acid reflux. Half the time I am walking around with either a bloated stomach or a stomach that feels knotted up or a stomach that is having indigestion.
  • Diet change - major change. I have cut out 98% of snacks and biscuits and sweets. I'm still munching on raisin bread in between meals sometimes. It is my go-to for a quick energy top-up. No chocolates, cakes, tea, coffee, milk, spicy and deep fried food. Though I have no choice but to take fried food sometimes when we are outside and there are no other food choices. No tomatoes and other sour stuff (like pickles, oranges, etc) either. My lunch everyday now is either fusili, noodles or rice, with 2 or 3 types of veg and either chicken, lean pork or minced meat. Come to think of it, 90-95% of my meals are now home-cooked meals, with only the occasional ordering in or dining out. Wah.....
  • Meal frequency - Taking smaller portions per meal or as much as my stomach would allow me to put in. Instead of 3 meals a day and munching on snacks in the afternoon sometimes, I'm doing about 4-5 meals a day now, with munching on raisin bread if I feel my energy and/or sugar level getting low. 

Never knew the diet change and switching to smaller but more meals in a day could have such an effect on my weight. That's all my pregnancy weight and more that has been lost. 

But I think I'll still give it another 1-2 more months of cleaner eating before I slowly try to eat some of these foods again to identify which ones are more tolerable and which are the clear no-nos. 

Anyway, ganbatte Michelle...
Don't worry too much about the weight loss...most important thing is to stabilise the stomach first and then see how it goes......Jiayou!!

No comments: