Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Go to sleep now....close your eyes....

We finally tried it. Something I was hoping for a long time. 

K put the girls to sleep last night. Alyssa was pretty cool about it and was very ok with the arrangement. 

Nadya was not so cool about it. She bawled big time. It lasted a good 10-15mins. She cried herself to sleep I think. When Alyssa came out to pee and Nadya was still crying her eyes out, Alyssa told me: "Mama, I told jiejie no need to cry and to be quiet. Mama is just next door right?!"

Although my heart ached a little hearing Nadya cry, I think it is still a good step forward. For all of us. Baby steps. Do it 2-3 times a week and she'll get used to it. 

Having that extra 1-1.5hrs really makes a difference. That "me time" to settle down, tie up loose ends and round up the day.  I managed to settle some things including work and personal stuff and even watched 15mins' worth of a variety show. How cool is that? 

No comments: