Thursday, April 09, 2026

7 April 2026

Tuesday morning, we had our usual quarterly breakfast meeting at the Mac near our office. Boss’ quarterly treat. I chose to have corn that day with my breakfast set.

I was 95% done with my corn when I bit into something hard and spit it out. It was a small piece of something white/cream-coloured so I didn’t think too much of it and threw it onto my tray. Thought it was some odd piece of plastic or stone that somehow got into the corn.

Some minutes later, I realized something weird. My tongue felt something jagged on an upper right tooth the 2nd pre-molar tooth after the incisor.

$#@^tq%$%$^q$#@^%

My tooth chipped!!! And that hard piece of something I bit into was part of my tooth!

FML. I panicked but somehow had the presence of mind to retrieve that chipped off piece and kept it in my pocket. I called CGH Dental when I got back to office after the meeting and was very thankful I managed to get a slot the next morning. I was also thankful that though the chip was quite a big one, it did not affect any nerves in the tooth and I did not experience any pain.

The dentist initially said he could do a filling to patch up the chip. I asked him if it would help if I still had that chipped off portion.

Lo & behold! He said it was good I had it as he could use less resin instead and could also do away with shaving more of the tooth structure, compared to if he were to just use resin only.

And so….voila…

He “jigsaw-puzzled” the chipped off bit back to the main tooth.

It was a slightly uncomfortable process. I was tense throughout and had my hands clasped together in a prayer. Didn’t help that he nicked my inner cheek in the process and only realized when I pointed it out to him. Left me with a 5mm cut that swelled up so much it was uncomfortable to eat...zzz.

BUT…I’m still glad & thankful that the chip has been resolved. I hope it can last for at least 8-10 years?

No comments: