Passsion hmm...
I really admire those who really are passionate about their "loves" and things they like...
There's Tazzee who can be found in one of the links on the right of the page.
A running fanatic...
www.run-to-live.blogspot.com
It's fantastic how many pairs of running shoes he owns and how many pairs he wears down within a year...
He can tell you which are the best routes to run, how to run properly, which are the best heart-rate monitors around yada yada....
And then, there's Kym. A newbie to blogging...
But a definite passion wielder for watches...his big love in life..apart from his wife-to-be of course lol...
I've just added him to my links as well.
www.kymwatchlog.blogspot.com
This watch lover currently owns around 40 pieces. Some are age-old timeless pieces.
Others are rare finds due to a stoppage in production and yet other pieces he owns are specific finds he trawls the Net for.
A true-blue fan of tickings and "beatings"...of steel straps and leather belts...of little nuts and bolts...of crystals and jewels...
Lol, I'm seriously wondering how much his watch collection is worth lol....
So what is it about the people I admire?
Perhaps it is their unwavering passion for pursuing something they enjoy, something they love...
A hobby which they are passionate about. A love which they are passionate about.
Looking at them, I wonder about myself.
What am I passionate about? Is there a hobby I truly am pasionate about?
Is there something I can lay claim to knowing alot about?
I couldn't think of something specific. In fact, I couldn't think of anything in particular.
Books and reading? That perhaps comes closest as a hobby I have.
But it is still not somethingI am 100% passionate about.
Art and craft? no...
Cooking? and even bigger no...
I am a touch-and-go person. Too easily distracted to sit down to one hobby or one "love".
Which probably explains why I am so amazed that I've stuck to French classes for 1 year and 9 months already. But that is another story altogether...
So what am I passionate about? I don't have an answer for myself.
And I find it somewhat distressing.
Perhaps though, in time to come, I will find something I can lay a claim of "passion" to.
And what are you passionate about?
No comments:
Post a Comment