Monday, September 01, 2008

The Southern Ridges

It was rise and shine early on Saturday morning...
Bathed and got ready to go out...Ended up waiting for the man to pick me...
Did some housework in the meantime...
Voila, he finally came...went for brunch...
Then popped by Granny's place for a visit...Stayed there for about an hour
Brought her to pee, watched her have lunch, brought her to poo...
And then it was off to the Southern Ridges..!!
We started walking at 12:45pm...with the sun way up high in the sky...
I was out of breath for the first 0.5-0.8km.
Reason being it was super hilly...
And the only way forward was to climb flights and flights of stairs...
And as you can tell....the man obviously wasn't interested in pics...lol...

And then before I knew it...

Ehhh???? I was at the top of Mount Faber already!!
Forgive me for the um...wanna-be scenic picture...
Singapore lah...
What else (beside HDB flats) is there to capture that is more iconic and representative of our SG landscape??

Walked past Jewel Box and went on downhill...
Realised that one of the poubs where we had our first few dates was being demolished....zzz...
Walked by lots of foliage...and saw some weird ones here & there..
Including this one below...with reddish tendrils growing out of the leaf stalks...
A little creepy if you saw a whole bush of it...and not just a tiny branch in the pic below...

And on towards the Henderson Waves...
There was a little park-like clearing just before bridge they call the Henderson Waves...
And right smack in a very obvious place was this cute little sign...
Check out Point Number 5...
"Please do not engage in acts that would cause discomfort to other users
How succinct can they be man??? LOL.....
Part of the Henderson Waves

More of the Waves...

ME!

It really amazes me the signs these people come up with.
What the hell does this mean man????

Ok, but these signs I can definitely understand...

Not that I saw any monkeys though...
Quite disappointed! Thought I'd get the chance to see some of my cousins....
And maybe spend some bonding time with them...hmm mm...;p


One of the last portions of the walk before we made a U-turn to go back to the car...
This is called the Forest Walk...
And yes, the heights made my knees go weak at some point....


And last but not least...what better way to celebrate our 6km walk in 2h15mins...
By having a sinful sinful meal of course haha...
I was too busy tucking into my chicken rice to bother about taking a picture of his Mee Goreng!!
Hehehee.....
And oh yah, It's Monday...And my calves are still aching....
Gosh....

No comments: