Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surrealism and Reality

I was high and dancing in Zouk.
And as always, it seemed a little surreal when you're woozy from the booze.

Dark and hazy. Cold, artificial smoke blasting at you once in awhile.
Tingling your skin, making you shiver. Distorting your vision. You feel ensconced in your own little space for that few seconds till the smoke clears and you can see others again.

Green, purple, blue light displays.
Cutting across the faces of the people on the dance floor. Their visages sliced up by the light rays and taking on an eery mix of colours.

Writhing sweaty bodies. Couples gyrating against each other.
Dancers all in their own world. Just them and the music.

The music. Pulsating, alternating between fast and slow.
Booming beats and synthetic electronic rhythms vibrating through your body. While the booze just keeps travelling through your blood stream. Round and round.

Let's dance.
Just dance.

Hmm mm....

Let's dance.
Just dance.

========
And then the clock strikes 3am and you think you've had enough of surrealism.
Time to head home.

But it sucks when the transition from surrealism to reality happens jarringly.

It hit 3am. Me, Xingli and Xingni were ready to go. We were gesticulating to the Susan & the Frenchman that we had to leave.

And then suddenly I felt a tap on my arm.

I turned. To see a bespectacled Chinese man. Slightly pudgy, dressed in jeans and a black polo-T.

Him: "Err Err...Can I...Um...May I may I get to know you??"

Me: "Actually I'm about to leave."

Him: "Nevermind. What's your name?"

Me: "Michelle."

Him: "Oh Tricia issit?"

Me: " MY NAME IS MICHELLE!!!"

Him: "Oh ok! Hi Michelle! I'm Cedric"

Me: " Hi Cedric. Look I'm really gonna have to go..."

And Xingni drags me off. *phew*....
Susan followed us out...and we bade her goodbye near the exit....She was going back to her Frenchman inside....

I waved a final goodbye to Susan...turned to walk out...And then wah lau!!!
Another tap on my arm again. Same guy.

Him: "Err err....May I have your...your contact? Your contact?"

Me: *continues walking* "Har?"

Him: *follows me* " Your contact! Your contact!"

Me: *continues walking* "Actually I don't think so...."

Him: *disappointed & a little embarrassed* "Oh....um...then nevermind..." *turns and heads back into Zouk*

============
Hahaa....A small morale booster?
It's been ages since I got picked up by anyone man....lol...

No comments: