Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stop It....


glitter-graphics.com

I saw an Indian man today screaming at a lady in the MRT station. I assumed her to be his wife. They didn't seem to be quarelling because she was just quiet, head slightly bowed and he was just ranting at her in a language I didn't understand.

But I didn't need to understand him to know that his was a very pissed off man. Typical Indian man with a thick noustache, like those you would see in Tamil movies. And the wife was a typical Indian woman in those movies, clad in a maroon sari...

They were standing at one of the exits of Tampines MRT...people were staring at them. But the guy just went on and on and on.

This isn't violence per se...But it's still a form of humiliation and ridicule. Screaming at her in public like that.

Come on, men, women, old, young. We're all humans. We all have our own right to dignity and respect.

Sigh..

No comments: