I was on a very long bus journey from Tanjong Pagar to Tampines this evening..Bus No 10.
I sat at a window seat, stared outside and thoughts flowed..although they were jumbled up at times..
I think I've mentioned it umpteen times before...
It's like as if there's no sanctity in marriage anymore. And if there's shrinking sanctity in marriage...there's close to zilch in a relationship between two unmarried people?
Sounds depressing? I dunno, maybe.
Getting harder to trust people these days? I dunno maybe.
Getting harder to trust your partner these days? I dunno, maybe.
I thought about a few years back when a married man tried to get me to go Punggol Park with him. We were both high on drinks, and he was fetching me home. Tried to drive me to Punggol Park instead. Heng I still had my wits about me and INSISTED he drive me home immediately.
Thank God I could recognise the correct route home..
I thought about some of my friends who snuck out for desserts even after having chosen their main courses. Sure some of them decided that desserts were not healthy and just stuck to their main courses after that. Others however decided they liked it so much they're still having desserts even after a few years of marriage.
I thought about the time I was hit upon by a married guy and the few times by another dimwit who was already attached.
I thought about the few times I was hit upon by those who knew I was attached.
And I thought hard about the question someone posed me this morning.
For the first time in my life. Some fella asked me to go to a hotel with him.
WTF? Seriously WTF? Nabeh, do I seem like some cheap wh*re? He even asked me "why not?"
Sheesh..I might be liberal in certain ways...but I seriously do have my own limits as well.
And this fella's attached, well sort of I think. To a girl who thinks they're together but according to him, they're not.
Wah lau eh. I seriously didn't know what to make of it. Guess there's always a first time.
Though I hope it's the last time someone makes such a proposition to me.
I didn't mention this incident to the man. No need to.
I won't deny friendship to this fella even after this incident.
But I guess I'll keep a certain distance as well. I don't want no mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment