Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm an Auntie

Aunt Agony that is.

I was Aunt Agony this morning way before 10am even arrived.

My admin lady came crying to me. Apparently she heard news about someone badmouthing her. And that someone who did the deed was a guy whom she liked alot and treated almost like her son.

She said it hurts a lot. I can understand how she feels.

Coincidentally, this guy is someone whom I’ve distanced myself with ever since more than 6 months ago. We used to be ok-ok with each other and sometimes went for afternoon coffee breaks in a group. But over time, I couldn’t stand his attitude and felt he was just one big asshole who takes and takes and doesn’t give back.

He’s also someone who has a “I’m always right and the whole world is wrong” kind of attitude. He judges too much and can’t see two sides of a coin. Which I find strange given that he’s taking part-time legal studies.

She asked me if she should talk to him or just ignore him and not bother with him anymore. I told her this “Why even bother to try to be nice to people who do not appreciate it and who turn around to bite you instead?” Especially for a guy who doesn’t really listen to others.

She’s stopped crying. I hope she’ll feel better by this afternoon.

No comments: