There's always a first time for everything. Tonight would go down in the history books as the first time ever in my 29 years of existence that I took an MRT train ride with both my brother and mum. It felt a little surreal actually haha.
We were going home together after visiting my Dad in SGH....
Dad's op went well but because a major organ (the heart) is involved, he has to be in ICU till tomorrow night at least.
He had just woken up from his GA when I was there at around 715pm. We could see that he was still very very groggy and he was also grimacing in pain., from two 5 cm long slits cut into the sides of his chest.
The pain must have been quite bad because the seinor staff nurse, a Burmese lady, admistered painkillers for him. Elevated levels of painkiller shots. Any higher and he would have to be put on morphine, which is not a good thing.
Anyway, we couldn't go in to see him just now as he still had his breathing tube in his throat. Hospital policy that if it were still in his throat, visitors can't go in. So there we were, mum and I standing outside his glass room window staring in.
I went down later and Adrian came up. Hopsital policy again. No more than 2 visitors at any one time.
Will pop by tomorrow again to see him....
No comments:
Post a Comment