Time flies by real quickly. It's been 4 years since I went for my brain op.
I can't remember all of the proceedings of that entir eperiod already. I used to be able to remember....
It was years ago that I last met up with John Thomas (JT), the neurosurgeon who sliced me up, stiched me back up wonderfully and basically fixed me.
He looked the same, with the same laid-back sense of humour. Just a little more pudgy. He recommended me to go for a scan just for a look at the aneurysm and if the metal clipping did its job like it was supposed to.
And just like that. $800 flew away from me. That 20-minute scan procedure cost me that much.
I was a little upset actually. "Heart pain" was more like it.
K put it as "Buying a peace of mind".
I know that too. Just couldn't help feeling a little sore that it was so expensive...
Speaking of sore. The procedure involved 2 blasts of medicine and colour dye being injected into me through a plug which was inserted into a major vein on my right elbow.
Definitely uncomfortable, with some amount of pain felt when the dye and medicine was injected into the vein. Thankfully it was just 2 quick injections.
That area has the slight tinge of a blue-black bruise now and still feels a little sore...can't lift anything too heavy too. But I'm sure it'll get better in a day or two.
Going back to see JT next week.
I've got faith. That everything will be aye-okay and that the problem spot is more than adequately solved.
(Just hope that there won't be anymore needles and plugs. choi choi choi.)
No comments:
Post a Comment