Thursday, December 17, 2009

Morning Gripes

I don’t enjoy Christmas group gift exchanges.

And especially not when you’re exchanging gifts with a bunch of folks you don’t really know.

I mean, I love Christmas and all but I find the concept of such group gift exchanges rather superficial and just for the “sake of doing it”. And how am I supposed to get a nice heartfelt gift when I don’t know who the hell I am giving it to?? The whole exercise only results in the boosting of the economy by that little bit but potentially increases wastage by a whole lot.

End result = costs outweigh benefits.
i.e. NOT WORTH DOING.

If it’s buying for my family, I also find it a tad cumbersome but I’ll still do it.

I’d rather just have a quiet gathering with some food and drinks and chill. In the words of the Gen Z…Chillax….

No comments: