Tuesday, December 01, 2009

La Fin de L'Annee

Voila, it’s December already. Feeling nostalgic and pensive.

Maybe it’s the weather, the coolness and the general feeling of year-end approaching. Year-end brings Christmas along with it, which I love. At the same time, it brings with it questions and thoughts of how much one has achieved or experienced in the past months or year as well.

Looking back, it has been a rather eventful year and time has zoomed by in a jiffy. Right from 1st Jan till now. Friends, work, family and self…enough has happened to keep me on a constant whir. So much so that I feel as if time has never passed by faster than over the last 11 months.

I remember mentioning that it seems as if the older one gets, the more occupied one seems to get. Haha. I’m not sure about others but it sure does seem like that for me. :)

Friends. Reconnected with some, lost some and made new ones. Got disappointed with some others as well. But I guess at the end of the day you know who are the ones who really matter. I used to be more proactive in maintaining relationships. Unknowingly, I’ve somehow taken sort of a backseat this year. Maybe I’ve just grown more anti-social? Haha..

Family. Same old same old. Parents still drive me up (and over) the wall sometimes I still feel awkward with my nephew. And I’ve been on my weekly visits to my granny’s nursing home for 2 years and more now. Mum’s getting better after her recent kidney stone blasting. Dad’s gonna be discharged today after 20 days in hospital. A cousin’s had a cyst removed from her ovary and a distant relative has been diagnosed with kidney failure.

Work. Abit of a love-hate relationship here haha. Travels have been interesting definitely and I can’t gripe about that for sure. Being given the opportunity to fly around for work was something which I used to think would never happen to me. Projects have been assigned to me over the past year and one of them has been the cause of my edginess over the last months and probably will for the next few weeks/months as well. The boss can be a pain in the ass at times and a nice guy at other times. A bright spark was when I had a promotion and a corresponding increment. Woot! Haha…

Self. Set some targets at the start of the year, met some, barely reached some, en route to reaching some and had to write off some other stuff due to changes in circumstances and direction. Glad I took up blading. It was something which I’d wanted to do for close to 8 years. Along the way these past 11 months, I’d taken a few tumbles for sure, both literally and metaphorically. I can’t say I’ve grown 100% wiser as a result but I‘ve definitely learnt some things along the way that should be in everyone’s “guidebook to life”. I’m still learning everyday though and I’m glad I’ve got K around me, to catch me should I fall.

K. My beacon of light. Haha…who’s brought me many a good thing and shown me quite a number of stuff as well. It hasn’t entirely been smooth-sailing and I’d be lying through my teeth if I said it was. But still, it’s a walk we’ve chosen to take with each other and kudos goes to my king for bestowing much kind patience towards my idiosyncracies. ;p

Onward we march towards 2010 and yet another year ahead. What comes forth? What lies ahead? I guess no amount of planning will prepare us entirely for the unforseen.

So oh well, let’s take it slow and steady….In the meantime, I’ll enjoy my warm cup of tea and lovely cookies. :)

No comments: