Saturday, November 14, 2015

Conversations with a 25-month old

I was bent over and rinsing my mouth at the sink. She, ever lurking behind me, was wondering what I was doing. 

N: Mama!!
Me: Yes?
N: Why are you eating the water? 

==========
I opened her wardrobe and she saw her school uniform. 

N: Mama! Uniform. Wear.
Me: No darling. It's time for bed. You can wear your uniform next Monday when you go to school. Anyway, you're already dressed in pyjamas. 
N: Noooo.
N: I am wearing clothes, not pyjamas. Clothes and pants. 

==========
She watches me breastfeed the baby sometimes. And she understands the concept of "drinking milk from Mama's boo-boo". Boo-boo is her word for breast. One night before bed...

Me: It's time for bed. Do you want milk?
N: Yes.
Me: Ok, you lie here and wait for Mama. I'll go make your milk.
N: I want to drink milk from Dada's boo-boo.
Me: @_@"


No comments: