Just when I thought I was doing better.
The past few nights have been pretty ok and I managed to keep most of my cool when putting the girls to sleep. Even if they dilly-dallied alot and made numerous ridiculous requests.
I lost my patience this morning though. Maybe it's Friday, the end of the workweek and I'm bushed already.
I requested Nadya to get herself changed and to brush her teeth. I spoke nicely, I spoke warmly. I repeated myself. I repeated myself several times. I repeated myself somemore. I could feel my anger rising. I finally gave her a last warning that if she didn't get down from my bed to dress herself, I would personally bring her down to the floor.
It came to that. And she bawled loudly the moment I went to pick her up from the bed.
I explained myself later to her. I know she knows and understands. But she still does it. She tests my limits on weekday mornings. Why though?
Is there a better way to get through to her and seek her cooperation?
No comments:
Post a Comment