Wednesday, May 02, 2018

What would you write to your 50, 60, 70-year-old self?

To my 60-year-old self:


Hi there, 

How are you? Are you healthy and happy? How have you lived your past 20 years?
I hope you've stopped working by now and that you're spending your days doing things that you enjoy. Like maybe some gardening, some cooking and some art and craft stuff. 

How about K? Are you guys still taking ramen or soba from time to time? Is he still working? I hope not! Then at least the two of you can go for walks and leisurely trips together. :)

Did you eventually manage to learn a musical instrument? The guitar or the keyboard or piano maybe? Can you play any simple tunes? 

I wonder how you look like. Are you chubbier than when you were 40? I hope your eyes, heart and brain are doing ok and holding up well. Are you still sensitive to certain seafood, dust and artificial fragrances? 

I hope the girls are doing fine too. Both Nadya and Alyssa should have graduated by now and I think they should be working already? I hope they turned out well and are also healthy and happy. I hope they are filial and obedient too! If they're dating, please help them to screen their boyfriends properly. :) 

Last but not least, I hope you had a fulfilling 20 years past and I hope the next 20 years will be just as fulfilling and happy!



Regards,
Your 37-year-old self

No comments: