Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sister Fight

The girls got into a quarrel yesterday. Well, actually it was more one-sided this time round.

Nadya was packing up a toy which they'd both been playing, because it was time for her to do her speech and drama homework. Alyssa was supposed to stop playing and go change into her PJs.

Alyssa got pissed that Nadya was packing up and started fighting with her. She tried to snatch the toy away from Nadya. Nadya, being the taller and nimbler one, managed to dodge and continued packing the toy away. I stepped in and took the toy away, announcing that no one would have the toy now but Dada and Mama.

Alyssa wailed big time. Screamed. Lay on the floor. Kicked. You have it.

Finally she got up, stomped over to Nadya and tried to grapple with her. Nadya was stoic and stood her ground. Alyssa screamed one more time and took a frustrated swipe at Nadya's head.

Gosh, it was a loud smack. I could tell Nadya was surprised and hurt. Her eyes widened and started turning red. She held back her tears though. I've to give her credit for that. I thought she would have bawled right there and then but she instead recovered pretty quickly and walked over to the writing desk to start on her homework. I think she didn't cry or fuss too much because she knew she wasn't at fault.

Alyssa on the other hand....Right after the smack, I scolded her and told her "No hitting!". She cried even louder in response. She then stormed back to her room. Kyne went to settle her while I stayed with Nadya to finish her work.

Eventually, Alyssa was still crying and wanted me. I had to go and be with her. She settled down quite soon after I went in to be with her. Had to go through the whole spiel of "no hitting of anyone", "need to apologise", etc....She requested me to be with her when she went to apologise to Nadya...

Finally all ended well...Alyssa said sorry to Nadya, Nadya said ok. Both girls hugged...Alyssa hugged K and me too...it was a hug fest lol...

Before we slept that night, Alyssa announced "I love jiejie"...lol.

I hope the two of you grow closer and look after each other next time ok? Have each other's back ya!
Watch out for each other...and love each other fiercely!

No comments: