Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Of birthdays....and my strange brain

Just wished a JC friend happy birthday. Her birthday today. I wish her every year...kinda like a thing that I would do since around 10 years back maybe (could be more?). Not sure why or how it started also.

I wasn't very nice to her when I was in JC though we hung out in the same clique. I was ok with her at times but at other times I would feel irritated by her and not be so friendly with her I think. Guess I was a mean girl.

Happened to meet her on the train a long time ago and got to talking to her and her colleague on the train ride all the way from Bugis back to Tampines. And from then on I think I wished her every year.

I don't keep in touch with her at other times. But only wish her on her birthday. I do that with some other people as well though I'm not quite sure why I do so actually.

It is very strange how I remember the birthday of some random kid who was in my class back in Sec 1. And whom I've not kept in touch with since 13. I believe his name is Hassan and his birthday falls on 17 Feb.

I remember the birthdays of some people from sec sch and of some folks whom I got to know during my early to mid-20s. But I don't even know where they are now or what some of them are doing. I don't even have some of their numbers!

It is very strange. Because I try to commit to memory some friends' birthdays, but can't seem to do so very well. Yet, these people are the ones still in touch with me from time to time. And they mean much more to me than that random kid from when I was 13!!!

No comments: