Monday, July 06, 2020

Potting around

Butterfly pea
The butterly pea plant cuttings (that K and I helped ourselves to from a random bush along the lorong outside our place) are doing pretty well. I put 3 onto a bottle of water and 3 straight into soil.

1 from the bottle developed a strong root system and I transplanted it into a pot yesterday. I hope it does well. 1 from the pot didn't seem the doing well and I removed it but the other 2 are still going strong. Hope they do well!

While out on a walk with the girls yesterday afternoon, I stopped by a bush and spotted numerous seed pods which were already ripe for the picking. I was glad they had not yet split open! For if they id, I wouldn't have been able to collect any seeds...;p  Helped myself to 2 seed pods which yielded a total of 13 seeds! Yay! Planted 6 of them into a pot. Hope they germinate properly!
I didn't nick them or soak them in water first though....so it will probably take a long time to germinate. 2? 3? 4 weeks?

Airplants
I can tell they are much happier at home than in the office. 2 of them have sprouted roots and grown more leaves. :) The brachycaulus is a little limp though. Not sure why. The rest are doing great!

Rose fairy
Packed my table the other day and came across a seed packet I forgot about. It'a pack of seeds from Horti, with the label "Rose fairy". Threw the seeds into a pot in end June. Hope they germinate well. Need to watch...I've never been successful at germinating seeds last time. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: