And then voila, I found out that they were leaving for the States today. Guess the hairs on the back of my neck have some special sensors or what. It was a bittersweet piece of news for me. Part glad they were making headways in their plans, and part sad to see her leave Singapore.
Glad to have had some short exchanges with her over Whatsapp on Monday and today. She was one of those whom I had no qualms sharing anything and everything with back when I was in my mid-20s. We shared some pretty wild secrets and MSN conversations during those days as well. She knew all, if not most, sides of me back then. And I'd always admired that good, strong mind of hers. She wrote pretty well too. Awesome vibes and flowy passages. Miss reading her thoughts on her blog.
Life as it is with work and kids and her stint abroad and general busy-ness didn't allow much catch-up sessions in the years since then but I was happy to be at her wedding in end November 2018.
I wish her and Atom the very best in the States and of course baby Alisha too!
The pandemic situation's pretty rough in the US now and I hope all of them stay safe and healthy...if there's a chance he gets a job back in Singapore again, they may move back here...so...let's see.
Like I told her this morning: "You always bloom everywhere and anywhere you go."
May they settle down well there and may baby A grow up well!
No comments:
Post a Comment