Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dream

I had a dream last night. It had the same recurring theme of me being lost. 
But it was in a different setting this time round. It wasn't set in a school or compound or office building. 

I was with a colleague and we were trying to get a cab to go home. We thought of cab-pooling and having the driver drop us off at 2 locations. Thing was, we were waiting at a bus-stop for a cab, I don't know why. And we were at a HDB estate as well, though the surroundings were very unfamiliar to me. The road was very busy and it was quite difficult to get a cab. I was increasingly desperate but a cab finally came. I can't remember its colour. I remember it was driven by an auntie though. She ended up going round and round, just not to our homes. She somehow couldn't find her way. 

I checked the phone on my map and kept trying to tell her where to go, but to no avail. We were scared shitless and she finally decided to drop us at a cab stand in the CBD area. She didn't take any fare from us. Said she was righteous and since she didn't bring us to where we wanted, she wouldn't collect any fare from us. It was late evening and there was a crowd at the cab-stand. Officer workers trying to get home after having dinner and drinks. For some reason, I lost contact with my colleague. I knew she was somewhere near but she just wasn't next to me anymore and I couldn't see her at all. I felt lost and scared. 

And the dream ended....abruptly...no conclusion, nothing. 

This theme of being lost in my dreams...has been consistent since many years ago...I may not dream for awhile or have other types of dreams...but once in a while this dream of being lost will pop up, sometimes more frequently, sometimes once in a blue blue moon. 

No comments: