I move fast when there is a need to, timelines to meet and bosses to manage. Am handling a small but important project right now, overseeing it with 2 other guys who are not my direct reports but were pulled from other teams. One of them seems ok. The other one is not so ok.
If the 2 guys get lost and cannot keep up, even after an hour-long briefing session and 2 detailed emails with instructions, action items & milestones/timelines, I expect them to self-help and buck up. They can check with me on areas they are unclear of, I am open and approachable.
But ask me things that you should already know, you may get a black mark from me. If I need to step in and move things along for you because you were blur, then you confirm kena orh-gong in my books.
Sent out milestones and instructions yesterday, today you're asking me when I need the item by? What rubbish. Read your emails pls. Digest the info pls. Work things out on your own first. I cannot be mothering you.
Patience. Breathe. Michelle, you can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment