Wednesday, April 11, 2007

late night musings

Trust. Betrayal.
Sporadic incidents over the past year. Some related, most not.
Guys cheating. Girls cheating. (though it's still a male-dominated arena. ahaha)
Friends back-stabbing. Colleagues back-stabbing.
A guy friend confided in me last night. In a confused state of mind.
Caught in a situation. Of what?
Of falling for another one while being engaged to another.
3 yrs vs 3 weeks.
Another guy friend confided in me 3 months back. Dilemma.
To dump his fiance for a ONS girl whom he had the hots for, for a few weeks?
3 yrs vs 3 weeks again.
Sigh.
Quite shocked when they shared with me. Peeps I've known for ages.
I don't blame them or despise them.
I love them still, everybody makes mistakes.
Just that, perhaps I didn't expect it to come from them.
==========
Deep in the recesses of my mind.
There lies a long-forgotten teenage aspiration.
To be a counsellor for young people.
Or a therapist/facilitator helping young kids with learning disorders.
Ok, maybe not counsellor per se since I am not emotionally strong enough.
But a worker helping them. Be it guiding wayward ones or something else to that aspect.
Haha. Thought it was gone.
But the thought was there alright. Just buried underneath some dust balls in my brain.
Somehow.
It miraculously surfaced a few days ago.
Hmm mm... *ponders*
Do I see myself in such a role still? Maybe maybe.
Do you? Lemme know.

No comments: