Monday, May 12, 2008

Broadway Beng

Saturday night was spent at the Drama Centre at the National Library.

Ahboy and I were there to watch Broadway Beng (BB). And well, Ahboy was pretty much the Ah Beng..loose T-shirt, loose jeans...and um, black rubber flip flops...
But granted that he manages to look good in that ensemble...
Ok, I correct my setnence above...make that a good-looking Ah Beng...haha..

The show provided good laughs..some slapstick moments but it was also a little disappointing.
Or perhaps I went with too high an expectation.
It simply didn't match up to Dim Sum Dollies (DSD) in terms of the quality of jokes and well, the quality of singing & acting of the back-up singers.

Some of the jokes were funny but forgettable...
Some of DSD's jokes were still ringing in my ears close to 2 weeks after ther show...Um, BB's jokes were almost forgotten within a day...lol. AND...DSD had a trump card...They had Hossan Leong with them.. haha.

But I must say, Sebastian Tan is a wonderfully talented guy as well.
He spoke fluent Mandarin, fluent Hokkien and fluent English...is this considered tri-lingual? :)

From acting as the ubiquitous Beng, he was also Maria from the Sound of Music, Michael Jackson the performer, Elton John, blah blah blah...

He sings pretty well...and his Hokkien songs were surprisingly good!! His rendition of "Ai Pia Jia Eh Yia" was good! The crowd sang along with him hahaa...

If the next BB comes along..I may or may not catch it again...
But the next DSD will definitely find me a par tof the audience...

And if Hossan Leong's "Singapore Boy" comes up again in the future....
He will DEFINITELY have me as an avid spectator....
*hee*

=========
p/s: oh darn..I think I am 90% a civil servant already. Look at the acronyms I am using...*eeewww*

No comments: