Sunday, May 04, 2008

Peranakan Museum

Went to the Peranakan Museum yesterday.

It's an excellent effort by the authorities and the rest of the folks who made this Museum happen.

Hope to be able to bring Granny there.

Just a matter of when.

And how I'm supposed to manoeveur the wheelchair.

Oh darn. I need to first borrow a wheelchair.

Argh.

======
There were some old letters on display. Written on the Peranakan patois.

Am mighty proud to be able to read and understand them. HeeHee.

There were young children around. Really glad that they are immersed int he culture already.

At least efforts are made not to let the culture die off.

Bravo to those who have made the museum a success.

It was an interactive experience. From the visual to the audio experience to the touch & feel areas.

I hope the museum gets its fair share of visitors from both locals & foreigners alike.

No comments: