Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mummys' Day

Ok, I hope Sunday turns out to be a success...

It will definitely be a logistical nightmare...and I hope it will be well worth it.

Adrian & I am organising a Mothers' Day luncheon at True Blue Restaurant.
It's an authentic Peranakan restaurant that used to be situated in Katong. But has now shifted to being just 2 doors away from the Peranakan Museum.

So well you guessed it. We're gonna hop over to the Museum after that.

And it will be a logistical nightmare because...

1. Adrian & Mei & Marc wil be hading there on their own in a cab. Even though they're just 5 mins away from our place (and technically we can fetch them there).

2. Dad, Mum & me will be heading to Chai Chee to fetch Gran from the Home. And we'll need to rent the wheelchair from them.

3. Dad has not driven in the town area for umpteen years and is highly apprehensive about driving there. So I'll need to be the guide. And I am only perhaps 90% sure haha.

4. We'll have to make our way from the carpark to the restaurant....wheeling Gran along.

5. Idea is for Adrian & family to reach the restaurant first so that they can order first. And when the Grand Dame arrives, the food would have been just served and she would not have to wait too long for food to come.

6. Ahboy will be going to the lunch on his own. So need to coordinate timing...

7. After lunch, the real test comes. Maneuvering the wheelchair within the Museum itself..Play by ear and see how it goes......


It will be my 2nd time there at the Peranakan Museum in a week.
But well, i am glad that what I envisioned and hoped for turned out to be in the midst of being fulfilled liao....

It actually feels good that the idea is working out beautifully...My idea.
Now for the execution..

No comments: