Monday, May 26, 2008

oh bugger...!!!!

and a real big bug that is...

*cries*

I'm terrorised. By a bloody big flying cockroach.
It's one thing to be terrorised by a cockroach. A normal one running around on the floor.
It's another thing to have a flying one in your own room.

My perfect sanctuary is now shared with a pest.

It appeared last night. This stupid creature of about 7cm in length. Brownish red.
Wingspan about..10cm wing tip to wingtip...then again...I was busy ducking whenever it flew....so I can't really tell..

Bloody hell. I was on the PC last night when it appeared...It had the whole airspace of my room...
And it made full use of it..ceiling to wall to ceiling to wall to ceiling....you get the drift.
I was armed with a can of baygon, a balled up newspaper and another wad of newspaper which acted as a swatter and well....a shield of sorts too.

I tried hitting it. To no avail.
There was a point towards the end of our battle when it flew to a rest right on top of my curtain. Balanced precariously on the top of the cloth.
Oh...my beautiful curtain...marred by this speck of utter nuisance.

I tlooked like it was mocking me.
And I swear to god. If it had a voice...I think it would have been mocking me in a high-pitched shrilly voice..."come and get meeeee!!!!! You cannot catch meeeeee!!!!!"

On top of the curtain...It faced me...
And then shook its body and walked regally behind the curtain as if to say "Told you so...you cannot catch meeee!!!!"
Darn the bugger.

And then it took a peek over the curtain!! Wah lau eh!
Its feelers waved many "hellos" to me. I returned its friendliness with a gesture from my 3rd finger.
Oh well, it doesn't pay to be too courteous sometimes.

After a final wave, it then hid from my view. The window was open...I shook the curtain.
Nothing happened. I shook it again. No roach came buzzing out.
And I thought sordidly to myself "Yay. Battle won."

I thought it flew out of the curtain last night. Into the vast nightness out there...
But alas I was so wrong...

Now. Almost 24 hours later. The bloody fella appeared again.

*WARCRY*

But oh well, the battle just ended. With that fella disappearing into the dark crevices in between the top of my cupboard and the ceiling.
After it disappeared inside..I sprayed that whole area with Baygon.
Hopefully it's concussing in there now. And hopefully it'll die in there.

Growl. It's a bit scary to sleep in my room.
But I refuse to sleep in my parents' room cos of this intruder.

And this has to happen when the parents aren't around..They're away in Macau.
This time it's really a damsel in utter distress........

I told ahboy about this intruder...
I even pictured him as my knight...storming into my room, grabbing my wad of newspaper from my hands and smacking the twitter into a smashy pulp. He'd be my hero...

But then again. My fantasy bubble burst unceremoniously when he said...
"Eeeee...I'm scared of flying cockroaches too...!!"

Great.
So it's all up to me, myself & I.

It's a draw for now. I dare not assume a victory again.
I shall lie low & wait.

Be gone with you
You...you...grrrrr....

"I'll crrrruussshhh yoouuuuu!!!!"

No comments: