I did a presentation last week to an international group of about 150 pax. I'm not a good presenter and I hate public speaking, what more to an international audience.
They did a live recording of the entire meeting and I just listened to my audio segment.
Eeeeew. I hate listening to myself. *cringe*
There are many many areas of improvement needed. Let's start with a good point first. I was concise and clear on the points I wanted to highlight to the audience. And I kept my responses to questions short and sweet.
Minus points. I kept saying "ok" or "k". Every sentence seemed to be punctuated with it. :(
After every slide change I also said "ok", before launching into the points I wanted to say.
I said alot of "ums" as well...I use these fillers alot when I am thinking about what to say next or when I am trying to slow myself down and talk audibly and not rattle off like a train. It showed up ALOT during my presentation. So my whole presentation had lots of "oks" and "ums" or "uhs".
And I forgot to thank the people who asked questions! Not politically correct haha.
I hope I can bear these in mind if I need to present next time again......
No comments:
Post a Comment