And may it be the last...
Mr Orange pinched me just now, and refused to let go. There I was, stuck for a few minutes, with Mr Orange sitting in my left hand and a 3mm portion of the skin of my left palm clenched tightly in his right pincer.
I was rearranging some things in the tank and had to shift him. I couldn't place him anywhere and so I thought I'd just hold him for a little while. Before I knew what was happening, he had already latched onto me.
I stood still and waited, hoping for him to think that nothing was going to happen and so maybe he would let go naturally. That didn't work.
I tried to pry him off but he refused to let go. I hung him upside down but he clung on even harder.
#$#^%&^*^&*
I poured some sand on him but he only retreated further into the crevice of his shell and pulled my skin along with him.
#$#^%$&^%%
I was wondering how long more I'd have to grapple with him when a bulb lit above my head. I'd already tried pouring sand on him. I could try pouring water. Aha! Maybe that would get him to release me. And so armed with the idea, I trudged to the bathroom. And he was still pinching me all the while. By now my skin was starting to throb a little.
I ran the tap on Mr Orange who was still cradled in my left palm.
Voila. The blast of cold water shocked him into action. He loosened his grip (finally) and started scrambling out of his crabby hole, as if to see what was going on outside his sanctuary of a shell.
Poor thing. I hope the chlorine in the water wasn't too strong for him. No choice though, I had no other idea! Anyway, I had to dry him off before I put him back into the tank. And I also gave him half a bean sprout. Food can lift the spirits of some people, hope it can do so for hermit crabs as well.
Tough luck Mr Orange. Hope it wasn't too traumatic a cold bath for you.
May you sleep well later.
In the meantime, I still have a red mark on my left palm. -_-
p/s: While all the drama was unfolding above him, Mr Grey aka Lazy Bum was chilling in a corner of the tank......
No comments:
Post a Comment