Friday, July 08, 2011

That Yearning Feeling

It's been 6 months since I had a real overseas holiday.

And my heart's been wanting to go somewhere....

Work trips don't count because even though I can steal some time here and there for a little shopping and sight-seeing, at the back of my mind, I know that when I go back to my hotel room at night, my laptop and emails are going to be there to greet me.

It's amazing how even a budget airline return ticket to Bangkok can cost about $400 per pax including taxes and fuel surcharge. That's even more expensive than the accomodation which will only be about $300 for 3 nights at my favourite hotel, the Baiyoke Sky hotel (which is situated just above the Pratunam Wholesale market and is a stone's throw away from Platinum mall).

Maybe I should just consider heading to Malaysia or Batam or Bintan. But it's boring...

Or maybe I should just sign up for all the discount websites out there now...Groupon, AtCrazy, Deals, Gobbler...and wait for a good deal to come up.

Enough of dreaming...:(
*back to work*

No comments: