I wonder how the woman's body evolved to be as such.
Why does the modern day woman menstruate once every 28 - 40 days?
Do you know that the women in some rural tribes in Africa actually menstruate only once every 6 months or only once a year even? Why can't the rest of us women follow such a cycle as well? :(
Why does a woman menstruate? It's the body's way of preparing for the possibility of an egg being fertilised and developing into a zygote and then an embryo. It's just preparing in advance and building up blood linings in the uterus which are rich in oxygen and minerals. JUST IN CASE some eager beaver sperm outswims his peers and hits the jackpot of an egg.
But in the event none of those tadpole-like creatures find the Easter egg, or in the event that there are no sperm present at all to create a miracle, then the body breaks down all that extra blood lining and oxygen-rich wall linings in the uterus and sends it out of the woman's system. Hence the bleeding.
Which is quite inefficient right? Like, hello? I spend time preparing and preparing but nothing comes out of it and so I discard whatever I have built up. Abit waste time right?
Why couldn't the woman's body have evolved in such a way that the uterus builds up its wall linings only at the point when the egg has been fertilised? When the egg has been fertilised, I'm sure the body knows right and then maybe it could have sent some signal to the body that okay, now is the time to store all those minerals and build up those wall linings. There's an egg that needs to be fed and developed. Hurry and go build yourself up now.
Wouldn't it be more efficient this way? Less wastage too right?
Hmm...ok, I'm rambling I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment