Monday, December 05, 2011

Hang in there Mr Orange

Mr Orange isn't doing too good. He's been sluggish for the past week and hasn't been eating or drinking much.

He dropped 2 limbs today and that is definitely not a good sign. One of the limbs he dropped was his minor claw.

Either he's sick, or he's super stressed out, or he's got a disease or he's having problems moulting properly or the tank has got mites.

Other reasons include a bad living environment. But I've been doing the same thing since July so I hope I can rule out this possibility.

I read online that I should be placing him in an isolation tank for him to calm down and for me to assess the situation and to identify a possible reason. But the thing is that I don't have an extra tank, so how to isolate him from the current tank?

Sigh. I can only leave him be for now. And continue monitoring him.

My mum is nagging again. She's saying things like "Why don't you just throw it away? It's probably rotting away already" and "Can you please don't buy any of these things anymore?" and "I hope there's no germs coming from the crab. I hope the germs are not airborne".....

mega sigh.

No comments: