Managed to squeeze in 15mins of gardening time yesterday.
Water Plum Bonsai
Very happy to see that the water plum bonsai is doing much better. After 2-3 weeks' of TLC and one-on-one attention, at least 5 sessions of spraying the plant with neem oil, and at least 5 sessions of me scrutinising the plant like shit and personally going through each leaf and plucking out whatever mealybug I could find, I'm very happy to share that the plant has started growing new leaves and flower buds for the past week! In fact, there were 1-2 blooms some days ago already...:)
Still need to monitor though...some leaves are still a little on the yellowish side, which means it still isn't in the best of health yet and not fully out of the woods.
Moss Rose
Laoniang have it a very vigorous trim 1-2 weeks ago when I discovered that it was infected with the mealybugs as well. Chopped off all the dead or dying stalks. And sprayed the rest of the plant with neem oil...
And so I've been trimming affected parts and spraying the neem oil on and off. Happy to see that new shoots and leaves are sprouting. This one needs further work before it can be restored to its full glory again...right now, it has not flowered since Day 2 of CNY when it used to have at least 1 bloom each day. I hope to nurse it back to that state again!
Local Pomegranate
Despite looking half-dead, this plant never ceases to amaze me. It has 3 flower buds again...if no birds come to pick at them, I believe most of the buds will develop into fruits again...:)
Fox-tail Fern
Damn cute. It flowered...tiny little white flowers...so tiny...but they are drying up already....
Tillandsias
Right now, if I have the time, I'll try to read up more on tillandsia care...
I have 3 of such airplants which I brought back from the office....though I've not specifically identified one of them. One's a Tillandsia Ionantha, another's a Tillandsia Caput Medusae and the last one....no idea what it is haha....
Terrarium
Bruoght 2 back from the office. The almost 2 yr old terrarium....sigh...heart-breaking...the plants inside mostly died. All within a few days after bringing it back home. They must have been too used to the aircon in the office....plant shock given the warmth of the house...Now all that's left is the moss bed and a tiny scraggly green fittonia that seems like it's going going gone soon too.....see how....
No comments:
Post a Comment