Thursday, April 30, 2020

of stomach and gum woes...

It is amazing how reflux or an imbalance in the gut brings me various types of discomfort...

  • stomach cramps at times
  • breathlessness at times
  • a general lethargy which can be mild or strong
  • upper stomach discomfort
  • bloatedness
  • diarrhoea at times
  • chest discomfort
  • throat/neck aches if the reflux gets quite bad 
  • bitter taste in mouth, sometimes just on its own, sometimes when I burp
  • irritability, when too many symptoms occur at the same time, or when a single symptom shows up strongly, or...just because
At times, it can be just 1 or 2 symptoms, at other times, it's a combination of different symptoms. 

I weaned myself off omeprazole over several months and I've been completely off it (finally) for the past 1 month and 1 week. I was happy that I had no major discomfort, perhaps helped by the fact that I am WFH now and having light home-cooked meals with soup almost everyday. 

Maybe the strong doses of antibiotics (for my gum infection) are putting pressure on my stomach. I couldn't sleep well last night due to stomach cramps. Certain sleeping positions made me feel worse. 
Woke this morning and resolved to manage the stomach well today. So far it's manageable and doesn't make me feel too horrid. 

Fingers crossed that all will be well. 
That my stomach will hold up and that my gum will heal soon so I don't have too feel too worried about it and I don't have to contend with chewing only on the right side of my teeth...

No comments: