Saturday, April 25, 2020

Plants

Water Plum Bonsai
Many leaves started turning yellow a few days ago. It definitely alarmed me and I didn't know what to do. I spent some time this morning looking over it. Couldn't get a chance to do so over the last few days. Managed to get rid of one damn big mealy bug. But that was the only one I saw and I'm glad it is so. There may be some more lurking around that I could't quite see with my eyes but I'm glad the situation has improved.

I'm just wondering why leaves are turning yellow. And dropping. :(

I counted almost 40 bunches of flower buds. Some have bloomed and are getting older. Some are just starting out. Are these taking up too much nutrients and energy from the plant? And thus causing the leaves to turn yellow?

No idea...:( Need to monitor and see how it goes...fingers crossed.

Moss Rose
This fella's looking much better than before. New buds and new shoots are coming out.
There are still some greyish stalks here and there and I hope most of the mealybugs have gone off.
I'll need to give it a "spray-over" with the neem oil again this evening....

The Girls' Aloes
Ok these are not doing good. Could be the soil I'm using? Or the mix of soil that I did up? :(
Sad lah...Hope they hang in there longer...

No comments: