My moss rose suddenly didn't do well about a month back.
From bright green leaves and blooming flowers everyday, it went to zero flowers....and a dull green or grey leaves....its stalks and stems got droopy and a small number of stalks dried up too....
It sprouted some small new bunches of leaves but that's about it.
I'd not had time to take a closer look at it. Till this period of time. (Thank god for the telecommuting arrangement in this covid-19 situation)
And then on Saturday afternoon. I discovered the reason why it wasn't doing well.
TMD!!!!
It was infected with mealybugs too!!!
!@#%^&$*#&W^#$$%^&*
The asparagus fern which I threw away almost 1 month back damn power lor....somehow it infected both my water plum bonsai and this pot of moss rose as well....but the fern was at least 50cm away from both pots and the bugs would have had to go round a pillar somemore in order to reach these 2 pots....
I wonder how the hell they got infected as well?!
The water plum's doing better now after almost a week of treatment...that involved me painstakingly removing the bugs from the plant one by one. (Took me alot of effort and eye power to spot the bugs below the leaves....) Let's just say each bug is less than 1mm in size...zzzz....I don't know how I do it...but oh well, this laobu wants to save her plant babies!!
I've since trimmed off some of the infected stalks from the moss rose....and sprayed neem oil mixture on it....Let's just say I was so mad at the bugs I went apeshit on the plant and sprayed quite a fair bit of the oil mixture on the plant....I hope it gets well soon...
It's currently cloudy and rainy now so I might not be able to take a closer look at the bonsai and the moss rose today...I need full and bright sunlight to examine them properly and to remove the bugs....Old already....the bright sun helps me see much better and also aids me in spotting the damn bugs.
Jiayou you plants...Fighting!! Fight off the bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment